Using a French Press
1) For a French press your coffee has to be coarse ground for a fuller bodied cup of coffee.
2) Now you will add you grounds to a clean carafe. 1 tablespoon per every cup of water. A 4 cup press would get 4 tablespoons of ground coffee.
3) Bring the water to a boil. Pour the water into the carafe and move to stream around to saturate all the coffee. Leave about an inch under the top metal ring
4) Put a timer on and after 1 minute stir the grounds. After about 4 minutes, put the lid on top and start pressing.
Using a pour over, or a drip.
1) Grind the beans to medium-fine
2)Place the cone over a cup and put a filter in the cone. Then add 3 tablespoons of ground coffee
3) Bring water to a boil and start saturating all the ground evenly, starting with a small circle. Fill the cone to the top and let the water filter through.
Using a Chemex Brewer
1) Grind coffee to medium-coarse. You will need 6 tablespoons of ground coffee.
2)Place a folded Chemex filter into the cone. Bring the water just to a boil, pour just enough into the filter to saturate the grounds. Let it bloom for 30 seconds.
3)Pour water around the cone, breaking down the bloom. Fill until its 1/4 inch to the top and let the water seep through.
4)When you see an inch of grounds clinging around the edges then fill the cone again. Then remove the filter and drink!
Using a Percolator
1)Grind coffee to coarse ground
2)Open the percolator and pour cool water in the bottom of the chamber (6-8 ounces per cup)
3)Add coffee to the top chamber (2 teaspoons per cup)
4)Place the percolator on the heat source and let it heat up until before it starts boiling and remove from heat source and enjoy.
HERE IS A RECIPE YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME!
Iced Mocha Frappe:
4 cups brewed coffee
4 packages hot chocolate mix
4 tablespoons sugar
1 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
In a pitcher add the coffee, hot chocolate mix and sugar. Stir until well combined.
Pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze, covered, for at least 3 hours and up to 1 week.
Put the frozen cubes in a blender. Add the cream and vanilla and puree until smooth. Divide the frappe into tall glasses and top with whipped cream.